Monday, January 13, 2014

Bad days and Precious Moments

Today felt like world war three in our house after Morgan got home from school.  Everything sent the girl into a full on tantrum.  First we were walking home too fast, then she was mad her feet were wet after jumping in an icy puddle.  She then threw tantrums over helping feed the dog, what game we were going to play, what movie we were going to watch, the fact that I made Mac N Cheese instead of mashed potatoes...

I was at the end of my rope with her.  I had been trying to get her to clean up her toys in our family room in the midst of everything and I had said she wasn't going to bed until the family room was clean.  I had to stand by that so I tried to help her out by giving her chance after chance, playing music, trying to make it a game... she was just in a mood.  So finally I took her two sisters upstairs to put them to bed. I left her down stairs alone and told her not to come up until the family room was clean.

While I was getting the others ready for bed Morgan came up twice crying and screaming about how she can't clean up and she's lonely, and she's scared.  Finally after being sent back down stairs the crying stopped like a switch was flipped and she started cleaning.

She finished cleaning and came up stairs.  I sat with her and we talked.  She told me she stopped crying because she remembered Jesus was with her and that God was watching over her.  I held back my emotions as we talked some more.  Morgan then apologized for all her tantrums almost named each one (on her own).  We eat some Hershey's kisses and had the best mother-daughter conversation to date.  I will never forget this day!  All those tantrums were worth every word we talked through.  As I put her to bed she prayed, "thank you God for helping me not be scared. Thank you for creating me and loving me."

My prayer:
Lord, May she know you fully at a young age and may she walk with you all the days of her life!


1 comment: