Monday, January 27, 2014

Kids pockets

I don't know about other kids, but my girls always have their pockets full of "treasures".  I have found all kinds of things when going through them while sorting clothes for the wash.  I find toys, rocks, plants (mostly flowers), candy wrappers (even though they haven't been given any recently), Chap stick, coins, snacks, socks, gloves, chewed gum, anything sparkly... The list goes on! 
The other day when emptying Morgan's coat pockets, so I could wash her very mucky coat, I found the items in this picture:   

I asked her to tell me about them.  She had a story for each and every thing in her pocket. Some were fairly normal: "I had to put my gloves there so I don't loose them".  And other stories were, well, different:"I was pretending to be a princess on a space adventure and then I saw a green sparkly thing so I had to pick it up or I wouldn't get back to earth."  I kid you not that was her story! 
My favorite story though was the one about all the receipts in her pocket.  She told me she was on a secret spy mission.  She had to collect those papers in order to learn what her next case would be, and she had to keep them close so the bad guys wouldn't get them.  I come to find out she had been collecting them from parking garages.  You know, you go and pay at the machine then walk away before your receipts is printed, because you are in too much of a hurry.  Well Morgan collects those apparently so she can do secret spy missions.  

Yeah, I just never know what I will find when emptying their pockets for laundry.  Keeps life interesting.  

No comments:

Post a Comment