Monday, September 23, 2013

Potty Training: my parenting nightmare

Joys of Potty training my 2 1/2 +yr old daughter

~Spending 4 straight hrs filling her with liquids and having her sit on the potty every 5-15 minutes to kick start the whole process only to have this conversation the very next day:
ME, "want to go potty?"
Maya, "no thank you." then she ran off...saying, "did that yesterday"

~The mad dash to the bathroom every time you hear, "I got to go potty."
yup drop everything and run! (including nursing my 4 month old).
only to have nothing happen and have to change a poopy pull up 1 minute later.

~Making 10 potty runs during a meeting mainly because she is bored and wants mommy's attention.

~Hearing "I peed" through the bedroom door during nap time.  Running up the stairs to take her to the potty/get a dry pull up to find her running out of her room completely naked.

~ After switching to a sticker reward system hearing "I don't get a sticker" casually stated as she walks past me.  I ask, "do you need to go potty?" "no cuz I won't get a sticker there's pee in my pull up."

~ Watching her slip under the table at dinner then pop back up in her chair and say, "Sorry, I just pooped."

Yes...Potty Training.  Not my favorite, But I will be glad to no longer have two in diapers.


No comments:

Post a Comment