Friday, October 25, 2013

Best Day off!

The girls are in bed and I'm sitting here reflecting on the day watching TV and well... writing again.

No School Today! I don't think I was ever this excited for no school while I was actually in school than I am for Morgan's No school days.

Today was a cool crisp sunny day open to so many possibilities...So...

Today We did...NOTHING!

AM: got out of bed around 9am made a yummy hot breakfast.
Then I sat in our family room in the basement with the girls all morning listening to them play. They had picnics, went to a castle, went on a "Mandy adventure" and many other creative play scenarios.
As the Morning went on the family room slowly turned into a mosh pit of toys.  I had to much fun listening to their laughter and stories I didn't even notice (well till later...)
Lunch came around and then naps for the little ones.  Morgan and I then watched Tinkerbell and eat peanut butter on a spoon. Followed by that craft you put little beads on a plastic thing and iron them together (name??not sure).  When Maya woke up we went back to the basement to play some more and watch another Tinkerbell so Maya didn't miss out.

When 5pm came around I realized I should make dinner so I went up stairs and left Morgan in charge down stairs.  Yeah... Day started to go down hill but it didn't mess with my mood.  Kids will always be kids and messes eventually need to be cleaned up.  When the girls started fighting it was time to enforce clean up. Telling Morgan it was time to clean was hilarious.  All I hear is "I work hard all week at school, why are you making me work hard at home?"  oh... playing all day watching TV and making crafts.... yeah working hard at home.  Maya just said, "ok", then turned around and dumped another bin.  Kind of reminded me of the story of two I think brothers actually who were asked to do something one said yes and didn't do it the other said no and then did it.  yup... that's my girls!

Anyway, Today was the Best Day!

Mercy actually got full naps. I didn't have to wake her once all day!  Maya enjoyed having her sister home and Morgan loved being in PJ's all day! Even through clean up we managed to enjoy our No School day!

Oh! I love No School Days!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment