Monday, March 31, 2014

Top Ten short funny interactions from March

March was full of laughter as we endlessly waited for signs of spring (they never really came...)
So here are the top ten short funny things that happened in our house in March in no particular order.  

ONE
Morgan was tired of playing with her 3yr old sister and wanted to have the family room to herself one day so she decided she would tell her sister there are monsters living in the family room.
Maya replied, "no, we locked them up."
So then Morgan quickly answered back, "I unlocked them and they want to eat your baby reindeer."
Maya came running up the stairs holding her stuffed reindeer yelling, "NO!"

TWO
Morgan Came running in the house grabbed some small zip lock bags, ran back out side.  (not a word...) I watched and waited. She then came back in 10 min or so later with the bags full of snow and put them in the freezer. Then went down stairs to play.  (still not a word.)

THREE
I was trying to get the house cleaned up some and heard an odd noise from the family room. I call down to the basement, "Maya, what are you doing?
Maya, "Getting into trouble."
My reply as I try to determine if I should actually venture down stairs, "maybe you should stop." 
Maya, "No, I don't mind."
Downstairs I go! 

FOUR
I was laying in bed trying to pretend like the morning hadn't really arrived yet when Maya came crawling into my bed with me. We lay in silence for a while until Maya states very plainly. "So I found boogies this morning."
Me, "Oh? What did you do with them?"
Maya, "Well....pause... I didn't eat them."

FIVE
In the middle of our daily morning game of "you must ware clothes" Maya refused to get dressed as usual only this time she ran downstairs climbed into the dog's crate and locked herself in then yelled, "I don't want to get dressed!"
SIX
While I was sitting at the dinning room table one day trying to eat a bowl of cereal in peace Mercy thought it would be fun to chase Jazz.  Jazz calmly walked round and round the dinning room table with Mercy following close behind giggling as she went.  This continued for a good 20 minutes.  

SEVEN
Maya avoiding a nap: I can't sleep my pants are too sparkly. 
All I say is, "you need to sleep!"
Maya replies, "never! I will never sleep!" 
No kidding! 


EIGHT
While staring at my phone (I rarely do this...) Maya comes up to me and asks, "what's that game?"
Me, "the weather." I was looking at the weather app on my phone. 
Maya in amazement, "You can play with weather?" 
Me, "It's not a game..." I tried to explain as I was quickly interrupted with 
"Make it sunny please." Then she ran off to play. 

NINE
I usually tuck Morgan into bed most nights that Ben is in class or out of town but for some reason tonight she thought I needed a lesson on how to tuck her into bed. She explained how she needs her dream light "dreamy" turned on first, then she has to be holding doggie. She then explained how she likes her covers pulled up over her ears. I made the mistake of asking her why she needs the covers so high.
"you can't see your dream light with them up that high" I said. 
She then looked at me as if how dare I ask such a question and said, "Because I use to be afraid of monsters in my closet coming out to bite my ears" 
It all made perfect sense after that...

TEN
Maya, "I'm excited for church today."
Me, "why is that?" almost afraid of the answer
Maya, "Because it's special." 
Me, "How so?" looking for a cute profound answer from my 3yr old. 
Maya,"They have candy there."
I should have known it wouldn't be profound and to stop asking silly follow up questions.  

No comments:

Post a Comment