Thursday, January 3, 2013

Imagination

Today we had a new mattress delivered.  It's for when we finally put the girls bunk beds together, but that's really irrelevant to today.
Morgan and Maya's eyes were so wide at the size of the box at our front door (yes it came folded up in a box).  Morgan's first question, "is it mine?" (not even knowing what it was).
I opened the box, and pulled out the twin size mattress.
Since then our house has been full of giggles, pure joy!
The girls have been playing on the mattress and in the box in the middle of our dinning/living room.
Maya's ship sailing to far away lands (I stepped off just to get a picture) 
The mattress has turned into a flying carpet where Morgan and I flew to the moon and back.  It has been a castle and a princess bed for Cinderella and sleeping beauty; it's been a trampoline (only allowed while on the floor...) and oddly enough a boat where Maya and I sailed to see funny animals.  The box has been a bus, a slide (didn't work too well), a great hiding spot to scare our dog, and currently as I type a canvas getting filled up with many drawings (I'm hoping they stick to the box and not my walls... I should go check).

At any rate it simply amazes me just how creative my girls can be with simple things.  I have also enjoyed going on the ride with them, putting aside the house cleaning for the day, and the need to have the dinning room toy free (which we usually try to do and fail quite often).

I am hoping that once the bunk beds are up and the mattress in place that they can have just as many adventures with it as they are having today. (minus the trampoline!)


No comments:

Post a Comment